So, it has almost been a month since we arrived here in the 'Midwest'. I have learned a lot these first few weeks, such as there are a lot of ticks here, and you may NOT want to walk your dogs through the woods in late summer... I still get the creepy crawlies thinking about it! Other things include the fact that you cannot buy beer on Sundays, even though it is right out there in the store....and let's see, everyone is really friendly!
The kids are adjusting well and really like the neighborhood. There are A LOT of children here for them to play with, which is great, until the doorbell rings at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. I thought everyone here went to church? Seriously though, it is great because it has helped both of them make some new friends. In true Emma fashion she had a best friend within three days and had her spend the night the first Friday we were here. Chris has been a bit slower to make friends- I think part of it is the fact that there aren't but one or two boys in the neighborhood that are close to his age and (frankly probably the bigger issue) is that he has to be at school by 7:15 and the boy doesn't actually wake up to function fully until about noon. He does seem to be enjoying class though, and has made a couple of friends in class.
Frank is enjoying work and has been working hard to regain some lost accounts. As usual, he is schmoozing them back. Tonight they are sponsoring a local independant league baseball game. There are dollar dogs and beer- what could be better?? Should be fun.
I am working on a book and looking for work along with getting us all settled in to our home. It has taken a few weeks but I think that I am finally getting used to not going to work every day. For a while there I felt like I was forgetting something, or should be somewhere- you know, that anxious feeling we all get from time to time. As of last week though, it had disappeared for the most part. My goal is to write around 2500 words a day and get a book actually finished.... (I have five or six in various stages of 'un-done-ness'.)
As for pictures... I will have some posted to my Facebook page shortly....so, take a look there for the latest!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment