Off to Indiana! We left Whidbey Island this morning, Em, me, dogs and guinea pigs...all in the Chevy Impala. Hmmm. Not quite as spacious as I had imagined, but it will do okay.
On our way today, we giggled at the Martha Inn in good old George, WA. She was looking a bit haggard and run down. We saw some beautiful landscapes, iron horses on a hill, and fields of wheat, sweet corn, and alfalfa.
Today felt a bit like a 'hurry up and get there' due to the fact that we were still in Washington and everything was still so familiar. Once we got into Idaho however, Emma was excited to be in another state.
In the end, it is exciting, yet a bit bittersweet. I do think that the record breaking heatwave holding the Pacific NW hostage right now did make it a bit easier to leave- as it was nothing like home.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

:( I missed you!! I just got your text message last night at like 11. BOO. The great news is that we WILL be making a visit to Indiana SOON, and I'm going to bring the kids and come visit YOU! YAYYYY!
ReplyDeleteHave a good time on your trip, and I'm so glad you're blogging!
Ah, Kathy... You are always trying new things! Today I learned how to sign up for a blog... :) Prayin' for safe travels for you and your girl.
ReplyDeleteTake care and enjoy the views... and perhaps some Slurpees! - Joyce
Drive safe!! I miss you :( Keep us posted as to your adventures. If you come across any Hard Rock Cafes, you know what to do.
ReplyDelete